Oh, yeah.

Sunday afternoon, I placed my thrice-annual tea order. Sorry, Stash, this time I placed the entire order from Harney and Sons. After Balticon last year, where I fell in love with their Black Currant tea, I just had to go and sample some more. (And my tea shelf was getting a bit empty anyway. No Lemon tea?! Sheesh!)

So here's what I ordered: Indian Nimbu, Midsummer's Peach, Apricot, Redbush, Decaffeinated Lemon, Lapsang Souchong, and Verveine.

Now, I haven't tried any of these before, so this is a really experimental order, I guess. However, I am in search of a good lemon tea, hence the Verveine, Decaffeinated Lemon, and Indian Nimbu. And I just couldn't pass up the Peach or Apricot, especially after loving the Black Currant so much. (And I've always wanted to try Lapsang Souchong, a tea that has a very cool name.)

One thing I like about Harney & Sons is the ability to purchase tea samples. That way, you can test out the tea flavors and if you don't like it, you're not out a lot of money. That's how I tried Chocolate Tea last year (it was okay. Kind of tasted like watery hot chocolate, in truth.) But their Cranberry Autumn Blend was wonderful.

Now, I usually just drink Lipton Tea, which is my basic black tea-of-choice. However, Harney & Sons tea is much smoother and full-bodied than Lipton. Which makes sense, because essentially it's gourmet tea. I mean... they have tea in the catalog that costs almost $200/lb!

I may be a tea snob, but I'm not that much of one. :)

When I move into my new place, I'm planning to have a tea tasting/housewarming party. There's some tea in Harney & Sons catalog that just begs for a party. And most of the people who read this blog will be invited. (Note I said MOST. Those who will not be invited know who you are.)

Anyway. Just a slight diversion while I wait for lunch to cook.

Comments

Popular Posts