This morning, I woke up in a different life. I was myself, up to a point. I lived in an apartment, was married to someone this 'me' didn't recognize, but that 'me' loved. It was a rather large apartment, but only on one floor. Maybe a two bedroom, kind of nice. A bit modern for my tastes, but not bad.

I don't think I wore glasses in this alternate life.

I raised my head, realized that my hubby had fallen asleep on the couch watching TV (I could hear the television) and that there were dirty socks on the bed beside me.

The man I was married to had dark hair, almost black, and a stubbly sort of beard. My hair wasn't curly, either, and it was about shoulder-length. (It was wavy, though.) But it was most definitely an apartment.

Our apartment had a washer, but not a dryer. You had to carry the wet clothes across the hall to the dryers, and pay to dry your clothes. I have no idea why that seemed significant.

I closed my eyes and curled up under the covers. And when I opened them again, I was back in this life.

I'm still not sure it was a dream. It felt too real. Perhaps I stumbled into an alternate dimension for a moment, there. Whatever it was, this other me was happy, and I'm glad.

Comments

Popular Posts