I have discovered that when using crochet hooks, I vastly prefer Boye over Susan Bates. Enough, in fact, that (since I just bid on a large lot of crochet hooks, etc. on ebay) I went through my crochet hooks this evening and removed all the Susan Bates hooks. I already have my Tunisian crochet hooks to post on ebay, so maybe this next week's offering will be books and crochet hooks. That should work.

I bought some more cotton yarn from the seller on ebay, and it came today. In more lovely colors (they sell an assortment in a 1lb. quantity), so if I want to make more dishcloths for Christmas presents, I can. I have sold half the ones I made, though, so I might not have to make too many. However, I will always need them here, too. And cotton yarn is fun to crochet anyway.

One skein of Red Heart Symphony made a granny square 24 1/2" wide. This was my experiment to see how that yarn works up as granny squares, and I have to say it was a success. Very light and lofty, as usual. I'm contemplating using up my last blue skein to finish a small lap blanket, perhaps. We'll see. It's rather boring to crochet such a large granny square.

I might also use some of the cotton for a baby blanket, too. We'll see.

I did crochet a sock; you can see it below. I'm going to attempt to replicate my mistakes so I can have a pair, but we'll see if I can do that or not. It will be interesting, I'm sure.

And in no time at all, I whipped up a shorter pair of wristwarmers in medium sagey green acrylic yarn. I really like how they turned out. My sister Jessica has already requested a pair for Christmas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know about brands, but I prefer aluminum to plastic. It slides easier, has a better point and a smooth angle below the hook. All add up to faster and more efficient movement, I think.
Jennifer said…
I agree, although some plastic ones I have are great. They are older, though. I really like the bone ones too!

I am going to try to carve my own crochet hooks!

Popular Posts