My shawl is finished. It turned out quite nice; I love the color combination and will have to buy more of that yarn soon, I think.

I got a bit sidelined tonight by watching V, which was, after all, my favorite TV show in middle school. I thought they did a great job, though; it was good so far. If I remember to watch the other episodes, I will probably watch them. After all, I can crochet, knit, or weave while watching TV, and it's only one hour out of my evening per week.

It figures; right after I buy a small floor loom and get it shipped here, someone is selling one right nearby for a great price. However, I have no room for more looms. And there's another loom in New Jersey I'd buy first anyway, if I could figure out a way to get it here.

I know I had a list of things to do this week; I can't seem to remember what they were.

I did buy some tatting books; some of them came today, so we'll see if I can figure it out. Bobbin lace, however, does not look like it will be in my future. I'll be posting the bone bobbins I have and the book I bought on ebay soon, I think. Tatting is one thing; bobbin lace looks way too complicated for me.

I am going to crochet another shawl, though; this one in coppers and creams and browns. I think it will look just as nice as mine, which I plan to wear to the craft show on Saturday.

I also had an idea (based on the doily books I got from ebay) that it would be really cool to make one giant doily into a shawl. The largest one in the pattern book was 24"; if you just doubled everything, that would be big enough, wouldn't it? And maybe use a really fine yarn? I think it would work, and it would look quite nice, too. Maybe I will make one in my 'spare' time. :)

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I think it would make a lovely shawl! I got the idea for my collars from doilies, too.
Jennifer said…
There's a spiral one in the book I bought that would be a wonderful shawl in sock-weight yarn. Of course it would take *forever* to make, but... I might attempt it anyway. :)

Popular Posts