When you set up at a craft show, the best kind of weather is cold and sunny, or with snow flurries, not sunny and almost 70 degrees outside. (I am not kidding!)

Needless to say, I didn't sell all that much. People don't buy many scarves when it's 70 degrees outside! I sold one ornament, half the scrubbies I made (which means I need to decide if I want to make more of those for next weekend), one pack of dishcloths, and that's about it. (And of course, the most annoying things to make would sell well. Oh well.)

Grey, you sold one collar, though, to a lady who is giving it to her 96 year old mother for Christmas and was very pleased to have found something so nice (her words!) to give to her mother. :)

There was another lady there selling scrubbies, and she was only charging $1.00/each for them. I sold mine for $2.00/each, and honestly, with the trouble they give my fingers, I wouldn't sell them for less. If I was an unethical person, I could have purchased scrubbies from the other lady and resold them. (I am not an unethical person, though, so I did not do that.)

I bought Elsa two pairs of felted wool booties for way too low of a price (They were $2.50/pair, and I would have charged at least $4), and a rug for my bedroom from one of the weavers for $28. I had a bit of spending money, though, and I didn't go overbudget, although I did drool over the lovely wooden bowls. (The bowls were priced well; the largest, a black walnut one, was $60, and that was a decent price (and probably too cheap, really.) Dad bought something woven for Mom for Christmas, too. I think she'll like them. :)

But hey, I'm not complaining. It was my first time there, my stuff was a bit more expensive than the other stuff there, and I almost finished the other shawl by the end of the day. I should finish it tonight, I think. I'm definitely writing up the pattern. And I might print it out and see if it sells at the craft shows, too. Who knows? It might. I probably could have sold a dozen bear patterns, so that's another thing to think about, too.

I still have to unpack my car. I might just bring some inside tonight and leave the rest for tomorrow.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I'm thinking about the possibility of selling my collar pattern, too. Mostly because it's such a lot of work to write it!

I'm sorry it was such a nice day yesterday, weather-wise. :( Hopefully this coming weekend will be shawl weather!

I'm thinking that, if all the collars don't sell, I'll list them in my Etsy store, along with the one(s) I'm working on right now.
Jennifer said…
I think that's a great idea to sell the pattern!

Well, it happens. And I wasn't complaining that it wasn't 5 degrees setting up or tearing down, let me tell you! :)

Good idea!

Popular Posts