Right after I posted a bonus vignette of how Katriena's father met Jeril, Mom called and asked if I wanted to go to the Springfield Antique Mall with them--Dad, Mom, Em, and Elsa. So of course I went. (I'm doing laundry now, *sigh*)

Anyway, we went the picturesque way, which was nice, and we drove through Yellow Springs, which I had never done. And we ended up at the huge "Heart of Ohio" antique mall, where I immediately spotted five reasonably priced spinning wheels that I did not buy.

And in truth, I only spent $30 on what I did buy. I ended up with three Frankoma mugs ($5/each), three cereal bowls (two Federal milk glass w/vines and one clear FireKing bowl for $1/each), a handmade mug for 75 cents, and a nice walkingstick/cane for $9.50. (Goodwill prices are great at antique malls, let me tell you!)

I saw three Diamond Willow walking sticks there--the cheapest one was $65 (marked cedar), the most expensive was $225. None of them were as nice as the ones I already own. None of them were marked Diamond Willow, either, which was rather amusing, because it really only takes a tiny bit of searching to find that out. There was a nice bird walkingstick there, too, but I really didn't want to spend more than what I brought with me, so I didn't buy it.

So anyway, now I'm back home, and I'm doing laundry late, but that's ok. I'm still hoping to get done with some of the dishes tonight. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts