Bekah and I arranged the living room this weekend and put down one set of rugs. Now someone can watch a movie and watch Ethan at the same time, since he has one corner of the living room for his own.

Eventually (and maybe sooner than later) I will buy a loveseat to put in the living room. I'm not getting a couch because frankly, there's not enough room. As it is, the loveseat will be sitting out in the middle of the room (it looks okay in my head, though) so we can watch movies or TV.

Oh, and we still have cable hookup here. The cable company hasn't shut off service yet. I doubt I'll watch it, but it sure does help with reception. ;)

Yesterday, Bekah was rearranging Ethan's room and she got the bright idea to cut the tag off the beanbag we got him from Target. Well, she wasn't quite watching what she was doing, and she cut a big slit through the fabric. The beanbag is filled with these static-y little styrofoam balls that are now all over the entire upstairs because one of the cats jumped on the beanbag last night. (My money's on Chloe.)

And I just swept the stairs. *sigh*

I folded my quilt collection last night and put it on the chest we're using as a coffee table. Of course that's now the cats' favorite place to nap, so I put an old wool quilt that I don't really care about on top, just in case someone coughs up a hairball or whatever. (This is also a preventative for Ethan not to climb on the chest and fall through the window.)

I stayed home from work this morning because I was so tired last night that I barely made it to bed before falling asleep. This morning, I woke up stuffed up and aching, but I feel a bit better now. I believe the aching part has something to do with lugging eight boxes of books, a nightstand, three bags, and a jewelry box from my car into the house in 20 degree weather (and in fifteen minutes flat) last night. Ouch.

Anyway, so that means most of my books are now here, which is good. I'm going to probably need two or three more bookcases (one for paperbacks, two for hardbacks) but they can be purchased as they become available.

And I really need to start organizing my office. I'm not avoiding it, since there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be done around the house, but it's getting to the point where I really need to do something.

Comments

Popular Posts