Zoey's here. So is Hildy, but I never have any problems with Hildy getting along with the other cats, because she doesn't have to.

So I brought Zoey here last night. She wasn't very happy on the ride over, and meowed the entire way. I had everything (food, water, litter, a basket with a nice blanket to sleep in) all set up for her in Ethan's room.

As soon as I walked through the door, Chloe wanted to see her, play with her, and irritate her. Since Zoey wasn't hissing or anything, I decided to allow them to be together in Ethan's room for a while. (That way, Chloe would be out of my way while we took the rest of the stuff out of our respective cars.)

All was well until Zoey got over the shock of being in a new place. I stayed up late last night trying to sort stuff, and just when I was about to go upstairs and go to bed, I heard the most awful moaning and screeching coming from the top of the stairs.

See, Pooh, who really likes to sleep with me, had just started up the stairs. And Zoey, who had (up until then) not made a murmur of protest when he appeared, went psycho.

She didn't attack him, but she was blindingly furious. She ran into the upstairs bathroom and under the tub (remember, I haven't gotten a chance to clean at all in that bathroom yet), hissing and growling and carrying on.

Meanwhile, Pooh made himself scarce.

I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't let me approach her, so I ended up moving everything from Ethan's room into the bathroom (where the upstairs litterbox will be eventually anyway) and shutting the door. I figured if she wanted to stay in a dirty bathroom all night instead of a nice clean bedroom, that was fine with me.

She growled for a while, but then went to sleep (probably under the tub and not in the basket I provided) and at 5am was meowing at the door, demanding to be LET OUT! Well, I wasn't about to let her out and hear more histronics, so I left her in there until we all got up.

No fighting yet, thank goodness. It's been pretty quiet so far this morning, save for when Pooh decided to test her mettle and settle himself on the sixth stair while she growled and hissed at him from above.

It's interesting to note that Pooh seems to realize that she can't really hurt him.

I am hoping things settle down a bit today.

Comments

Popular Posts