Last night I had a dream that I had four cats, which I do. Only, for some reason, I was convinced that I had another cat as well, one I hadn’t seen in a couple of days and kept forgetting about. So I counted heads, because I knew I only had four cats, and came up with four. But when I saw them individually, I thought there were five.

It was one of those dreams that have no ending, and get more and more confusing as they go on. Before I woke up, I think I had convinced myself that I did, indeed, own only four cats.

I only had two cats in bed with me last night. I didn’t even realize Mischa was there until I turned over early this morning and found him cuddled up almost underneath my down comforter. I didn’t even feel him jump on the bed.

Chloe spent the night on top of my very small chest of drawers.

Last night, I taught Mabel how to sit. Now, if I raise up my hand (like I have a treat in my hand) and say sit, she sits and licks her lips for a treat. I don’t always give her one, just because I don’t want her to expect one every time she sits. But she had it down pat in less than five minutes, and would sit every time I raised my hand even if I didn’t want her to. It was cute. Now we have to work on ‘off’ and ‘down.’ (Oh, and ‘no shoes.’) She does bark at the cats still, but they tease her too, so the fault is not all hers.

I wrote a bit last night as well while waiting for Bekah to get home so we could switch our cars in the driveway. Scarecrows is shaping up quite differently this time around. It’s darker in some ways. And it definitely takes place before The Secret of Redemption. I thought it took place after TSOR, but the events in SCR will lead up to TSOR (at least in Malachi’s POV.)

Last night when I got home, I saw that Chloe had knocked down my seeds from the top of the window (they had been there without incident for over a month.) They fell on one of my African Violets, squished half the leaves, and spilled dirt and seeds all over the floor. Thankfully, I was able to save most of the seeds. (Some of them were in the process of sprouting, so I’m hoping they’ll still grow.) I put the seeds in a heavier planter, so hopefully that will work for now. Argh.

I left the African Violet in the bathtub overnight, and this morning before I washed my hair, I took it out and set it somewhere. I don’t remember taking it upstairs or where I left it (it was a hectic morning) so hopefully it will still be intact by the time I get home.

And there’s something wrong with my boiler. *sigh* I’m getting sick and tired of having to switch it on all the time. And now, it looks like we’re manually turning it on every time. ARGH. Hopefully the heating guy will be able to come and fix it today. Since it's supposed to get down to 7 tonight and all...

Comments

Popular Posts