And back up to 30,053 for tonight; I wrote quite a bit on my lunch today. So this is good.

It's still going quite well. Things are falling into place much better than they were many times before. I'm getting glimpses of what-will-be, which is a good thing.

I will say this, though: In September of 2003, I bought my Dana. I paid something like $397. It is the best investment, writing-wise, I have ever made in my life. I would not be able to get as much done as I do without it. Seriously.

I read about the "Ultra Mobile PCs" on CNN last week or so, and while I thought they sounded cool initially, the coolness factor paled very quickly when I heard that they only have a 3-hour battery life.

This has been my biggest complaint about laptops since I started looking for a portable writing device. Surely, by now--I mean, come on!--the technology has to exist for batteries that last longer than 3 hours for these things. I mean, my Dana's battery lasts 25+ hours between charges! That's a full day! When I had my Visor, the batteries lasted over 100 hours!

I maintain that as soon as these mobile PCs (or laptops) have decent battery lives, then I might just be interested in buying one. But until then, I will keep my Dana.

I really think the manufacturers need to think about battery life before they start creating these things. Three hours isn't even peanuts. It's more like ground up peanut shells. Very incompatible to anything I would be able to use it for. Argh. You'd think they would learn.

Comments

Popular Posts