I forgot to mention (and yes, I am up late tonight, aren't I?) but I washed the scarf that was on Emilia. The warp was cotton--three different shades of brown--and the weft was a 100% wool light pumpkin color and a variegated 70% wool 30% alpaca pumpkin/brown mix. It was a little stiff coming off the loom, but I figured it would loosen up, and it did. It shrunk a lot, so it's definitely a scarf now, but I can't promise it will be at the craft show, because I fell in love with it.

It's soooo soft. And so pretty! I will try to remember to post a picture tomorrow.

I knitted Elsa a hat based on the shape of the one I found on the 3/$1 linens table at Burlington, and it turned out quite nice. Hopefully this one will fit better (I need to have her try on the other one, but I really like the style of this one better.)

And I'm up to four doily ornaments, six red & white hearts, one multicolored heart, and four Christmas trees. I might just take my yarn winder since that's where they are now and I really like how they look on it. I am out of copper wire, though. I have silver wire, but I would rather use copper. So I might put the others together and wait until Monday to run to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and get more copper wire, since there's no place around here to buy it (since Ben Franklin is closed on Sundays, that is. And they might not have it anyway. The hardware store might be a possibility, though... hmm.)

I really, really like the way the ornaments look, though. I was intending to attempt a gingerbread man or lady too, but that didn't pan out. I keep thinking I need another design, though, but what? I could do a bell shape, perhaps; with a button at the bottom for the clapper... Hmm. Or a stocking shape? I don't know if that would work, but I could try it. Hmm.

Weaving-wise, I had to rewarp Emilia, because the yarn I intended to use as warp was too sticky and just not working. So I warped her with pink and brown cotton, and I'm using the same yarn plus a slubby brown and a slubby pink/brown to make a hot pink and brown scarf. It's really cute. Junior has a forest-colored scarf that's going well, too. I have to rewarp Francois and Lisbet, and finish the black and white scarf yet on Ester.

Oh, and did I mention that Whippoorwill is talking to me again? That's actually a good thing. :)

Comments

Popular Posts