Right at the moment, I have five woven scarves to sell and two crocheted scarves*--I did the crocheted scarves last night (finished the one that I started @ the yard sale and completed a new one, too.) I have the crocheted scarves rolled up and they look like sparkly bundles of softness, which they are. :)

The pink scarf and blue scarf have been washed, and they turned out great! I'm really happy with the pink scarf especially; I made it with pink cotton chenille yarn as warp and thick-n-thin wool yarn as weft, so I wasn't sure how much it would shrink when I washed it. Barely at all is the answer, and the minor tension problem evened out nicely in the washer, too!

It seems like every scarf I make is my favorite one, but I really honestly cannot keep all of them. Where would I wear them all? Right at the moment, I have three, not even counting the forest scarf I finished yesterday. (And that doesn't count the six or so I have in my hat/scarf/glove box, either.)

I am, however, considering crocheting an afghan or shawl. My question is--from what? Perhaps I'll answer that question as I go along and look through all of my yarn.

Today, though, is kitchen day (I think; I kind of intended to be in there yesterday, too, but that didn't work out) so my goal is just to get the other green scarf finished. I also have to go to the grocery store, because I'm out of milk and chocolate chips and all sorts of other stuff.

I think at the craft show, I'm going to display some of the scarves rolled up like this, because they look so cool that way. (Unfortunately, the sparkles don't show up in the photos.)



*New ones, that is--I have ten total scarves to sell. Three are from last year.

Comments

Popular Posts