The pink scarf is done, and I'm trying to decide what to warp Junior with this next time. I have two potential sets of colors picked out--one purple and blue/brown/cream and one mint green/blue glittery ribbon/blue variegated. Both will look nice, but which to do next? I really want to make some dishcloths, too, but I think I want to weave them on my new table loom. I have two shades of purple that would look quite nice for those. And some red and green checks would be great, too.

I am washing all the new scarves at once, I think. The pink scarf used up two and a half skeins of yarn (they were small skeins) but at least now I know how much these scarves will use. And I really, really love the weight of the blue scarf. It's made from soy yarn (partially), and that's nice to work with.

The scarf on Ester is going well, too; I hope to be done with that soon so I can warp Ester with a larger warp--maybe dishtowels on Ester? We'll see.

I need a name for my new table loom. Since the big Union Loom is Elizabeth, and I have Emilia and Ester, it should really be an 'E' name, although Junior doesn't fit for that idea. Hmm. (I have already decided that my Structo's name is Nigel, because it looks kind of prim and proper and fussy and Nigel seems like a good name for that sort of loom.)

It was very windy today (and tonight so far!) and it's supposed to rain tonight.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Elaine? Ellis? Erna?
Unknown said…
Elspeth? Esmerelda? Edith?
Jennifer said…
I like Elaine... I will have to think on it. :)

Popular Posts