Oh, and another small, insignifigant thing. The next time I decide to walk up and down six flights of stairs TWICE someone please remind me that I have a not-so-good knee.

Went to the OLC Chapter Conference today. (Ohio Library Council for those of you not in the know.) It was interesting. Not being a librarian, I didn't get a lot out of it, but a couple of the sessions were really good. Is that proper English? It doesn't look right.

Bad things: About oh, 500 people, one working elevator, and sessions on the sixth floor. (Hence the use of the stairs.) I'm still not feeling very peachy. Also, the fact that somewhere in that building someone was smoking up a storm, and every time I went upstairs, I had to sit in a haze of smoke. Ack. My throat is scratchy, and while I can't smell it on my clothes, I can still smell it, if that makes sense.

(Aside: I'm the Smoke Nazi at work. Smokers would huddle up against our patio door and the smoke would seep through and when I went to sit in the back of our space for lunch, they'd chase me out, so I keep complaining, and they keep saying they're going to do something... Argh. I swear. If there's one thing I'm allergic to, it's cigarette smoke. Second Aside: Not to mention the fact that every time I go to Christmas Eve at my m-in-law's parents' house, there is a bunch of people smoking and I get sick. Next year, I think, perhaps, I will stay home. I can't really abide it anymore, and I don't like the idea of secondhand smoke, you know?)

So anyway, my left knee feels like someone drove a stake through it. I very nearly gave up on the fifth floor the second time around, but I managed to get upstairs with my heart pounding and breathing like a locomotive. I think I started to hyperventilate a little there. Remind me to never do that again, please!!

I wonder if I could get away with having a cane... *g*

So I'm sitting here feeling twinges, and it occurs to me that I could take an asprin. I never think to take asprin unless I have a headache; it's just a... I don't know, quirk of mine or something. So I took one. Hopefully the pain will go away. Until then, though, I'm going to be walking very slowly up and down our stairs.

I'm wondering if it's how I sit or something, because my knee never used to do this as much. Oh, it's always been tender and sensitive, but I don't remember having this problem back when I worked at the library. I think I'm going to make a concentrated effort to have both feet flat on the floor as I sit at my desk for a little while and see if that helps. I have a bad habit of looping my feet around my chair's legs or propping them up on something. When I still lived with my parents, I had a stool I sat my feet on; maybe I need to liberate that stool from my old room the next time I go to Bethel.

Okay, so that was far too long and much too detailed. I'm sure you really wanted to know all of my various aches and pains. Argh.

Comments

Popular Posts