I'm doing an all-nighter tonight. I'm absolutely not tired yet, and so I figured I might as well get some work done.

Tonight for supper, I made "clean out the freezer" vegetable soup. It came out quite well, if I do say so myself. Just in case anyone reading this also has a freezer to clean out, here's the recipe:

3 cups milk
1 quart spaghetti sauce (preferably homemade)
1 quart frozen corn (preferably homegrown)
1/2 pack sugar snap peas, frozen
1 pack or 1 quart frozen vegetable medley (broccoli, carrots, zucchini, squash) or
1 yellow squash, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
broccoli, cut up (about two cups)
1 small zucchini, sliced or
whatever veggies you have in your freezer, really.
dried onions, to taste, dried parsley to taste

Combine all ingredients into large pan. Cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes, or until carrots are cooked, stirring every once in a while.

The longer you let it simmer the thicker it will be. Serve with hot cornbread or peanut butter sandwiches.

Probably makes between 6-8 servings, and yes, it will freeze quite well. Lunch all next week!

Comments

Popular Posts