I think... The Beth-Hill series will be the first books published by UrbanFae Press. If I'm really going to do UrbanFae Designs in its entirety (ezine, publisher, patterns, etc.), then it only makes sense for me to show that I believe in the concept by publishing my own books under the imprint.

Yes, that could constitute as self-publishing. And actually, it would be, in a sense, since it will be my publishing company. But... if I didn't "sacrifice" my own books to the ideal, then I'd be a bit of a hypocrite, wouldn't you say? Like the authors who 'settle' for epublishing and then spend the rest of their careers complaining that they got the short end of the stick.

I have seen epublished authors pooh-pooh the fact that their books garnered awards or got good reviews because of the stigma attached to epublishing. That sort of attitude sickens me. I've caught myself doing it once or twice.

To convince yourself that you settled for something or that what you ended up with wasn't "good enough" can breed resentment, and can also hide any joy or knowledge you might have received from that experience.

I "settled" for nothing. I chose to be epublished, and I'm proud that I did. I have not regretted my decisions (except for the publisher that went belly-up or the fact that it took what, eighteen months for Second Coming to be published.)

I am proud of my books, and proud of my work. My only regret is that I didn't examine this avenue of publishing earlier.

There. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while now. :)

Comments

Popular Posts