Ungh. Tired this morning. Although it was pretty cold last night and I didn't get to bed until close to midnight, some kid was screaming and yelling outside in the street until 1am. (I have no idea what his/her problem was.)

I stayed in bed for as long as I could, but I have a feeling I'll be tired later.

So... what did I get done this weekend? For working solid all weekend long, I didn't cross off a thing on my list. I got a good chunk done, but I'm not even near to be finished. And all the auctions aren't posted.

I'll finish up* the auctions tonight. I'll also pack more stuff to take to the PO, and go there. I doubt I'll finish Budget Cuts today; I'm going to wait for a glimmer of the ending before I continue. I think I know what will happen, but I'm not sure. And anyway, there's always lunch.

*Finish up, meaning, I'm quickly running out of time where I'll have an internet connection at home, if things go as planned. So I wanted to have everything posted, but there's still all the paperbacks I haven't even looked at, not to mention the clothes. I wrote up close to 100 auctions yesterday and took pictures, but I can only work so fast, I guess. Ah well. I'm hoping that this last big push will be enough to take care of what's left and leave me with enough extra to live on for a month.

If things work out.

The two posts below, incidently, are me being frantic again. Stressed. Wanting all of this to go away, and go away fast. The "one more thing" I mentioned is my decision to send HD to Ace (or however their submission processes go; a query, sample chapters... I have to look it up.) I might also send it to Tor. In all honesty, those two would be the best fit since Daw wasn't interested. The other publishers... I can't see it happening.

December is quickly attaining a golden glow in my mind. I really, really, really want this to work out. I'm too damned tired to fight much longer. I want this to end.

I'm trying not to stress out about the job. I really am. And Chris didn't help when he called me yesterday and told me that he told his Dad about what I planned to do.

"Dad says the job market in Cincy is really tight. You could be up against people with degrees. Why don't you stay up here another year and go to school, and then find something that suits you better in Cincy?"

"I doubt anyone with a degree will apply for this particular job," I said. "It's an entry-level position." (I mean, even I'm rather overqualified for the job.)

"You'd get more money if you had a degree. You should stay up here for another year, go to school, and then move back."

If I tell him I disagree with him, he gets mad at me even if I couch it in polite terms.

This type of conversation does not help my stress level. Especially after he forces me to spend three hours on Saturday trying to fix his computer, because, "I could always take yours instead, and then you'd have nothing."

Argh. Life. Damn it. I want to crawl into a cave and not emerge until spring.

Comments

Popular Posts