In other news... A long time ago, I had a purse. It was a patched leather hobo bag-type purse, black and roomy. One big pocket and two smaller ones on the sides. This was back when Nightmare Before Christmas came out, because I still have the NBC keychain on that purse. I even bought a brown one to go with the black one, because I liked it so much.

In June, I bought a nice little messenger-bag type purse made of cotton fabric. Not terribly sturdy, but nice, and it fit the Visor & keyboard combination quite well. But the strap had already broken once, and the fabric's color was beginning to look like it had been in the sun too long or something. The dark blue now has red highlights in places. I liked the many pockets in this purse, but I rather missed the security of zippers where I kept my cell phone and wallet.

I always thought the black purse needed a front pocket, and that the blue purse needed to be an inch or two wider, because the Visor/keyboard combo just barely fit.

Tonight, while cleaning up the basement a little, I found the black purse. (Remind me to write about my container full of purses one day...) I pulled it out. Looked at it. Eyeballed the bottom, and wondered if the Visor/Keyboard combo would fit. Decided I could sacrifice an extra pocket for my wallet and cell phone if it did fit.

I had to do a couple of errands (and call Mom and Dad about the job opening and all) but when I got home, I grabbed the black purse from the basement and brought it upstairs.

Well. I'm impressed, in spite of myself. Not only does the Visor fit, it fits well. And the goal notebook fits beside it, and my wallet and cell phone fit beside it... This is a pleasant surprise.

Now I'm rather glad I got outbid on the computer carry-case I was bidding on...

Comments

Popular Posts