I took my new bike to the bike shop today. Three hours and $37 later, I had a fixed bike. I took it on a ride around the block (at Mom and Dad's house) and was out of breath before I got back. Pitiful! I am looking forward to riding it, though, and while I seriously thought about storing it in my basement, I decided to clean up the entry room instead and store it there (on Dad's suggestion), with the idea of if it's visible, I'll be inclined to ride more often. It actually fits quite well in the entry room; better than I expected, really.

It's going to take a bit to get used to the longer handlebars, but I think it will be nice. I might even buy a basket for it, especially if I ride it around the yard sales this year too.

Okay, so I was browsing ebay, because I periodically browse the yarn lots to see if there are any I want to bid on. While crocheting Em's throw, I discovered that I now have more fabric than yarn, and if I'm going to crochet more things for the craft shows and for sale, I really need to buy some more yarn. But I like to buy lots of yarn, especially on ebay, to get an assortment that I can't really get anywhere else.

Depending on how Dad's schedule looks, I may be driving to Atlanta one weekend in the near future, because over 227 lbs of yarn for under $100 is just too good to pass up, really. I haven't bid on any of it yet, because he has to check his schedule and I don't want to go by myself, but it would be worth a little over two tanks of gas to go and get it all. I'd never have to buy yarn again. (Well, other than doll hair yarn, that is.) And the cone yarn would be good for weaving, allowing me to do more on my loom. (Maybe even a rug!) My lack of inventory is what is really holding me back with that, because I just don't own enough quantity of the right kinds of yarn to weave a rug.

But we'll see how things turn out with that. If I knew someone who lived in Atlanta who would be willing to pick it up for me and store it until I could get down there (haha) then I would love them forever. But I don't think I know anyone who lives in Atlanta anymore.

And storing over 227 lbs of yarn would be an interesting... dilemma. I'd definitely have to rethink my office space and add some shelves somewhere. It wouldn't be impossible, just a bit tricky. After all, I do have yarn in my bedroom, and I could really just clean out the clawfoot tub and store yarn in it, too. Hmm... I have been wondering what to do with the clawfoot tub after I get rid of the second litterbox in the bathroom and put the one that is currently in the tub in its place... Hmm! (In storage containers, of course; not just loose, or else I'd have cats sleeping in the piles of yarn all the time. So see? It's possible...)

Comments

Popular Posts