I went to bed early last night, thinking that I could get up around 7:30-8am this morning and get right to work. I actually woke up around 7:45am this morning, thought Oh, great! Now I can get up! rolled over, and got sucked back into a dream.

Dreams do that sometimes. I'm going to blame it all on the dream (which, of course, I don't really remember) and leave it at that.

It is almost too warm here. It was 60 yesterday morning when I left for work. It's probably around the same temperature at the moment, and overcast. But definitely not winter weather. I don't like this. For the past two years, the ground hasn't frozen until February!

I AM NOT WEARING SHORTS IN JANUARY!

So I have three broad goals this weekend: Cleaning, Crafting, and Writing. There are subgoals under that, of course, but I decided to put them under headers to make it easier. I did join the Novel in 90 days group on Livejournal, just to make sure I stick with The Seventh Secret and don't lose momentum. We'll see how that goes. I am also considering joining the 101 things in 1001 days group as well, because I like the idea and some of my goals do reach that far. And I'm sure I could come up with 101 things.

So anyway, onto the broad goals.

Cleaning:

I separated the house into 'zones'. Not necessarily rooms, since you don't really count the hallways as rooms, but areas or spaces in the house that need to go on my list to be cleaned. The idea is that each weekend I pick four zones from that list (If it's a normal weekend and I'm off three days, that is. Otherwise, it's three) and I clean those four zones.

Initially, there's going to be a lot to do (I made lists for what I want to do in each zone, too.) But after a while, when those big things are done, I'm thinking it will go much faster.

Some of the big things (like replacing the bathroom sink) aren't going to be done initially. But they will stay on the list until they are finished.

Since I know myself quite well, and I know that I would much rather pick a room that will be easy for the first run through, I wrote all 20 zones on pieces of cardstock, folded them, and put them in a box.

If I pick my four zones and don't get finished, then whatever I do get done with will be out of the box (until next time) and the others will be on the list already for the next weekend. I'm thinking initially it might take some time, and I might only get one or two done this weekend. That also gives me the week to accomplish something I didn't get finished, which is actually not a bad idea at all.

So this weekend's zone are:

--The Dining Room
--The Laundry Room
--The Kitchen
--The Side Porch

Hmm, ok. That's basically what I wanted to do anyway. Figures!

We'll also be taking down the Christmas decorations, I think; the cats knocked the little tree down for the first time Friday morning.

Crafting:

I don't have a lot of crafting to do this weekend, since my fabric order hasn't come yet. But I do have two dolls to assemble and finish (one for Sunday's auction and one for next week's auction.) That will leave me out of the recycled cashmere/wool dolls, so I'll have to start more next week (or this week if I have a chance.) I'm aiming for one a week. (Well, I do have one small doll started, so I could finish that one too.)

I also went to Meijer yesterday and picked up some really nice Christmas tablecloths, 100% cotton plaid (and pretty!) some of which will end up being backs to Christmas-themed throws. So that's nice. (They were $2.50 each, no matter what size!) I might also make some drapery for my staircase from it, since I didn't get any of the marked down garlands for next year. We'll see about that, though, and it's not on my list for the weekend.

Writing:

The Novel in 90 days says 750 words per day, so that's what I'm going to aim for on The Seventh Secret. I'm also revising HD, so I'll be working on both.


I have some other stuff on my list, too, but that's the most of it. And I'd better get to work before the morning is gone and I end up getting nothing done today.

We'll see how this works!

Comments

Popular Posts