And just a bit of background.

So You Want to be a Vampire was originally the prequel to the first Sid & Peterson's novel, and was supposed to be Sid's early life. Unfortunately, I couldn't make this work in the same world at all, and it floundered for a very long time until I decided to make it a complete standalone in its own world.

That worked okay until it absolutely stumped me for close to two years. Until I just decided to go with the flow of things and actually manage to finish something on my list.

That's twice this year, even. I'm still happy with the rewrite of HD.

So now that it's a standalone, there can be sequels, especially Transformation, which is a favorite idea of mine even though the story that currently exists is only a dozen pages long. I don't think I'll have much of a problem with that story using what I built in SYWTBAV. Which is good. As for a third book, I really don't know. Since Transformation was barely started and never finished, I never got that far in my thinking. So we'll see.

My tentative list for the rest of this year:

1. Finish The Seventh Secret
2. Rewrite Fire & Water completely


My tentative list for next year:

1. Write Transformation
2. Write the next Jacob Lane book and get back on schedule for them.
3. Write another Karen Montgomery story
4. Rewrite Scarecrows from scratch
5. Write something new.

But of course that is all subject to change.

Comments

Popular Posts