This morning I called my Post Office to see about my package. The lady I spoke to was nice enough to check--and my package wasn't there.

Joy.

She suggested I call Amazon, but it's not their problem; it's the PO's problem. So I called the ASK-USPS number, where another lady basically told me that since it was standard mail, it could take anywhere from 2-14 days to get to my house after it was shipped.

I really don't think she knew what I meant when I said, "From Cincinnati?" As in, the package reached the Cincinnati PO just fine--in two days. It has been listed as Enroute to Georgetown from Cincinnati (about 40 miles away) since Saturday morning. To me, that means it was put on a truck Saturday morning.

"It's standard mail," she said. "And if it doesn't reach your house in 14 days, then you can call back and complain."

"But that doesn't make sense," I said. "How can it take up to 14 days to reach my house from Cincinnati?"

"That's 14 days after it's been shipped," she said, and that was that.

Unsatisfied, I wrote a long complaint to Amazon, letting them know that it wasn't their fault--letting them know that I ordered a much heavier set of cookware last year from Amazon that was shipped through the USPS and got to my door quite quickly (a quick search tells me I ordered them Nov. 30 and got them Dec. 5, and that also contained a weekend), so there's really no excuse. I also wrote a VERY long complaint to the postal service, letting them know that this really wasn't acceptable at all.

I mean, they could have walked the box to my door before now. Heck, I would have gotten my Dad (who works downtown) to pick it up at the main PO if I'd known it would have taken so long.

And yes, I realize it's only a day late. But everything else comes early. That's why I've been ordering from Amazon. That's why I've always ordered from Amazon.

Hopefully it will come tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to getting some of the cookbooks (although the cheesemaking book did come in the other package, and I have read it cover to cover already.)

ARGH.

Comments

Popular Posts