Thanks to Dad, the table is in place, and also cleaned off (although I did that part.) It did fit! I put an unused bookcase on top of it for the laundry supplies, but the nice thing is that there's room underneath for hampers, room on top for laundry baskets (Zoey's quilt will return to the corner), and there's also room to fold. Maybe, just maybe, there won't be any clothes piled up on top the washer anymore!

It cleaned up quite nicely.

However, I did discover what the stinky smell was in the laundry room a while back. See, I started smelling something--like something died--and I thought maybe it was the litterbox, so I cleaned it out completely, but the smell never did go away. Eventually, the smell did go away, and I forgot about it, until I pulled a folding stool out from under the white table that was in the corner there and discovered a very deceased garter snake draped through the stool's folding apparatus. Very deceased, as in he's skin and bones, literally.

Ewwww.

Now I know why the cats kept trying to get back there, though--makes a lot of sense!

I do have the air on now. It wasn't hot in the house, but the humidity was at 80%. Now it's at 65%, which feels a lot better. It's supposed to be in the 90s for the rest of the weekend, but I'm so not complaining. This is only the second time I've had the air on this year. Not complaining at all.

Obviously, since I am rearranging the laundry room, I decided to do that room first. I didn't get much done yesterday; the humidity and the sun almost did me in.

Comments

Grey said…
Amazing how well that table fits!!!

And eww on the snake. Glad you finally found it, though.
Jennifer said…
It's been handy so far. I like the way it looks. My goal with the house is that everything has a place. We'll see how that goes.

Popular Posts