Aha! Tunisian crochet feels like knitting something wide to me. That's the reason why I wasn't fond of regular knitting needles; I find them unwieldy. The interchangeable crochet hooks do help quite a bit. And I wound my two colors of yellow in a ball so I didn't have to work from the cones, which was annoying in itself. I think this will work now. (And Tunisian crochet is thick enough that just sewing two squares together would make a great potholder, I imagine! I'm going to have to try it and see.)

I started weaving the purple shawl and decided to add random stripes of different colors into the mix--just for some visual difference. So I am weaving one shuttle full of the purple sparkly yarn, and then a few of a different yarn, and then the purple yarn again. We'll see how it looks; I'm hoping it works out well.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I haven't done Tunisian crochet in a while! But I do remember how much it made me think of knitting, too.

Have you ever tried the Weavette hand looms? I think you might like them.
Jennifer said…
I had a little problem with knitting, too. I'll just have to remember how I adapted my hands. :)

I haven't tried them, but I've seen them. There's a group on Ravelry, too, about them.

Popular Posts