Hey, it's my birthday today! I am 35; does that make me old? :)

I am expecting packages from UPS today. My poor UPS guy. :( However, I might have to sign for one, so I have to stick around the house.

Last night, I brought the leftover beef stew to Mom and Dad's for supper. While I was there, Emily requested a hat for Elsa for wintertime, in cotton.

After running out of yarn for the shawl I was crocheting (Thankfully, there's plenty of it on ebay, but I have to wait a few days for the auctions to end), I decided to start on Elsa's hat. I really, really, really hope this fits her, because oh my. Very cute!

I am in love with the front post stitch. You can do ribbing! Although it takes up a godawful amount of yarn.

Here are pictures (pardon the not-very-goodness of them; it's dark in here, and overcast outside.)



Front Post stitch makes it a double (at least) thickness. It was a little tricky to decrease, as you can no double see. Somehow, I ended up with this funky rim around the top, so I decided to abandon the front post stitch and go ahead and close it up. Only when I finished it did I realize that by doing that, I had inadvertently made a heart on the top of the hat! (I hope I am not the only one who can see it.) So it is officially Elsa's Heart Hat. (Provided it fits her!)

I also washed and dried the green scarf. This was kind of an experiment; TLC Heather yarn in sage green and Moda Dea Dream yarn in the pretty green. Now, the Moda Dea yarn is like fun fur, which I detest (but all the 'fur' yarns weave nicely, strangely enough) but the two colors looked pretty together, so I decided to go ahead and try it. Well, after washing, the scarf turned chenille-soft, lovely and drapey. I am very pleased.

(Oh, it's raining now. With a 90% chance of rain today, it's about time!)

Next up: Warping my LeClerc Bergere for a shawl, and Junior for another scarf. And I'm cleaning my bedroom today, too. I am determined to get that finished.

Comments

Messed up Mama said…
Happy Birthday! My birthday is the 16th. I'll be 50. I hope your day is as special as you deserve it to be.
Jennifer said…
Happy Birthday to you too, then!

It has been really nice so far. :)
Grey Walker said…
That is SUCH a cute hat. It looks like an old-fashioned cafe-au-lait bowl turned upside down. :)
Jennifer said…
It was about two inches too short; I'm lengthening it a bit. But thanks! I think it's cute too. Elsa, of course, just wanted to eat it. :)

Popular Posts