I now realize why I've been procrastinating about the bag on Emilia; I'm just not excited about the color combination. At all. See, I wanted to weave with green, but I convinced myself (rather badly) that I needed to use up some of the orange. It looks okay; it's just... blah. Not colorful enough, and you can't see the blend of the brown warp, which was the whole point.

So I'm going to try again and cut off what I wove (I'll keep it for a dishcloth, perhaps) and retie it, and try again in that pretty green cotton I have. Doubled, because that stuff is really thin.

I warped Francois with royal blue, and the weft is self-striping yarn and a fuzzy mint green yarn. The self-striping yarn is self-striping, even with weaving, and it looks quite neat. I hope the whole shawl looks as cool as it looks on the loom.

I did not get Ester warped. I will do that tomorrow. But I did get the one boat shuttle I have wound to use on Lisbet; hopefully that will work out better. (I've never used one before, so we'll see how it works.)

And I have crocheted eleven dishcloths this week--with one 'on the needle', so to speak. One went to Mom, three were for me, and the rest can be sold, if anyone buys dishcloths. We'll see!

The netting for the scrubbies came today, too!

Comments

Popular Posts