Okay. I only spent $30 at the rummage sale--not too bad--but I bought a desk. Yes, another one. However, it's now my mail station in the entry room, something I've always wanted to have.

After a bit of thought, I put the new desk where the big oak chair was--the big oak chair is now in front of the open door, which actually works just fine, since the stuff behind the door (ladders) don't get taken out very often. The displaced bent-back chair (mid-century; nothing special) with the red seat is at the red desk! Perfect.

I got rid of the shoe holder and put the blue shelves I made out of wooden flats back where it was, and used that as the shoe holder. Again, perfect. I'll take pictures later.

I put the cats' chair and the small church kneeler against the wall in the entry room instead of the loom/green room to get it out of the way. Right now, the only displaced furniture I have is a bookcase, which will go upstairs, and a small bedside table, which matches the one in the spare bedroom and can also go upstairs. There's a displaced basket, too, but that's really not an issue. Oh, and a displaced typewriter. I'm trying to figure out a place for that.

Oh, and the shoe thingy, which if I had decided to do this earlier, could have gone to the rummage sale. I'm not sure if I'm going to take it upstairs for the next rummage sale (there's another one already in the "Junk" room) or what. I will probably just take it upstairs.

I have a pile of boxes that need to go upstairs in the hallway, too, but that's an easy enough fix. Mabel's blanket desperately needs to be washed, so that will happen tomorrow (she won't be pleased.) I hope to get the entry room done tonight.

I was up at the rummage sale for longer than I expected today (Elsa was there), so that's why I'm not finished with what I wanted to get done. But still; one room will be done by the time I go to bed, and that's an accomplishment in itself. I even pumped up my bikes' tires and dusted them off.

The only other things I bought at the rummage sale were a couple pieces of clothing--two tank tops, one sweater-for-fabric, and something else I can't recall at the moment. I also found two old cereal bowls. One is a McCoy, the other a pretty green stoneware. I got one of those floor sweeper thingies like the ones they use at restaurants, and a weed whacker (a blade on the end of a pole) that really works, because I used it today. Now I can go to the end of my driveway and murder the weeds under my neighbors' bushes (since they are not mowing their grass this year, evidently.)

And I did mow the front lawn, too, which was on my list of things to do. I'm going to do the back tomorrow. But first, a cup of tea (no dessert, though, because I am out of milk (I wanted to make rice pudding), and then I will start lugging stuff upstairs.

Comments

Popular Posts