I'm making beef stew for supper tonight--I got what ingredients I didn't have at the grocery store this morning and I'm going to start it soon. I've never made beef stew from scratch before; hopefully it turns out yummy!

Otherwise, Miss Moppet is back in the spare bedroom, since she is still a faint positive on the Feline Leukemia test. :( Ah, well. I have options; I could open the connecting closet in the ebay/junk room, move everything around and have my spare bedroom be that room and close the door to my craft room, which would give her free range of two rooms--that's a definite possibility. The only issue I have with that is that my craft room is not heated, and even with the closet open, it would be kind of frigid in the wintertime. So we'll see. (Yes, I realize I could get a little space heater (for me, not Miss Moppet, since she'd be able to go into the other room at will) if I really wanted to. Which might be what happens.)

Mom and I were going to do apples today, but she is not feeling well, so that has been postponed, thus the reason why I'm doing the beef stew today.

Crocheting-wise; I really like the Tunisian stitch, but I hate using the Tunisian stitch hook. It's very hard to hold onto when all of the stitches are on the hook. So I did a bit of research (because I do love the way my dishcloth (which is taking forever because of the needle issue) looks in Tunisian stitch) and discovered that the people who make the Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles now have--you guessed it--Interchangeable Crochet hooks, too! The Tunisian crochet people on Ravelry really seem to like them. I loved my Denise knitting needles when I had them; they were definitely a good buy. So I placed an order for the crochet hooks, because I think they will be very useful. I will write a review once I get them and use them a bit, since they are very new--they just came out a month or so ago.

Comments

Popular Posts