Okay. After talking to Dad, I've decided to apply for the job that's 100 miles away from Bethel. Why? Because I think it would be a fun job to have. It's a federal job, too. And I figure eventually, when I'm ready (if I get this job, of course) I could move halfway between the two, which would be Adams County, Ohio.

See? Even though I haven't heard from the only job I've interviewed for, I'm not leaving any stone unturned. I'm even applying for a job at the Clermont County Animal Shelter. (Another job that I think might be fun, but the posting had no salary listed, so I'll have to wait and see about that one.)

I don't know. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm limiting myself somehow by single-mindedly pursuing a writing career. Not that I'm going to stop, mind you, but... I honestly think I could find a job I liked to do that would make the waiting a bit easier, you know?

We shall see. The federal job listing doesn't end until November 24, so that's a while from now. I might have something by the time they get around to interviewing people. Who knows. (Although I'm wondering exactly where you go to be interviewed, since the applications go to Wisconsin.)

And Mom has a lead on a job fair in Georgetown on December 15th, if I'm still looking by then as well. Evidently it has something to do with the Veteran's Administration. I haven't been able to find out anything about it yet.

Comments

Popular Posts