Other cool stuff...

So today the church Mom works at had the 100th anniversary of their parish celebration with Archbishop Pilarczyk. Mom asked me to come and man the phones for her while she got everything in order, and I had no problem helping out. I didn't man the phones much, but I helped set up for the reception after the Mass, and I got to man the walkie talkie in the rectory and meet the Archbishop. It was very cool, and he was nice. I also got to meet one of the priests who used to be at the church. He was nice too. :)

I took pictures at the reception, but I gave the disk to Mom, so I can't post any here. Ah well. It was a nice Mass, and the Archbishop came to the reception for a little while before he had to drive to Oxford (that was a drive!) It seemed to go well, as far as I could tell. And I really liked the Archbishop's homily. I will be thinking about it.

Last night, they had a formal dinner, which also went very well. I didn't go to that; they were quite tight on seating. Luckily, they ended up with enough seats.

Comments

Popular Posts