Well, I went. And I'm quoting when I say, "Well, all the information is there, but they won't accept it because it's not in the proper format. I can file it if you want, but you'll just get a note in a couple of weeks telling you to resubmit in the proper format."

Argh.

So the guy gives me a piece of paper that has what I need on it, and directs me to the Law Library. I walked through another metal/weapon detector, rode the elevator up to the 10th floor, and was helped by a nice librarian.

The copies cost me $1.30. The packet with the dissolution papers--the ones I can't use--cost me $50. Argh again.

So I hie myself back to work, look over the paperwork, and lug out the old Selectric. Two hours later (yes, I got so much work done today) I was finished, just in time for Chris to call to tell me he was off work. Surprisingly, he did not yell or pitch a fit. Thank god. I would have gone off on him, I swear. Perhaps he knew that.

"Well, it's 3:30," I said. "Where are you? The bank closes at 4."

We made it with five minutes to spare. For the second time, the paperwork is notarized, and they had better accept it this time, dammit.

I'm submitting it (again) tomorrow. At least I know where I'm going this time.

Cross your fingers.

Comments

Popular Posts