I went down the road with Dad this afternoon to Goodwill and Lowe's. Ended up with a bike from Goodwill--an incentive for me to ride it, don't you think? It's lovely--a brand new Schwinn Jaguar. Considering my other bike is a Huffy, and the brakes are shot, I think I'll ride this one quite a bit more often than once a year.

There's an issue, though; the gear piece broke off and it needs to be replaced. So on Tuesday I will take it to the local bike shop to see how expensive that will be to fix. (The bike itself cost me $30, so even if it's expensive, it's still going to be cheaper than buying it new. And it's just a part and a new chain, which is bent. It can't be that much.)

I would have dropped it off today, but I got back at 4:15 and they closed at 4. I have my doubts they'll be open on Monday, but I will check.

At Lowe's I picked up two Christmas cactii for $2.50 each (two different colors, according to the tags) and two plastic containers--we're rearranging a bit. Then I came home and moved some stuff around in the Green Room. Just by removing a bookcase and replacing it with a table, it looks so much better now.

I bought some Snapware (plastic jugs and containers with airtight lids) with my Sears gift card. The Snapware will soon hold our cereal so I can clean out the third 'pantry' cabinet and put my pots and pans in that cabinet instead of the smaller one they are in now. That will allow me to put away the new pots and pans, which will be nice!

So, organizing is progressing. I have a long list of stuff that I want to do to organize things a bit better, and doing what I did today was on that list. (Well, not buying a bike. But I have been seriously thinking about it, and I just couldn't pass it up. Maybe the weather will hold out after it's fixed and I'll actually be able to ride it a bit. In January. Sheesh!)

I am going to try to sleep without the Nyquil tonight. We'll see how that works.

Comments

Popular Posts