Day 2 of the yard sale wasn't as profitable, but still, I only brought home a small amount that will then head to Burlington next weekend. I did buy a couple of things from Dad--a painting to hang on my wall, a sorter for beads or something, and a small display case.

It was a beautiful day, though, and on the side of the building where we were set up, almost cold sometimes with the wind. The people on the front of the building (who thought they had good spaces) were really, really hot.

I tried my best to get Mr. Monkey finished, but I was unaware that Elsa was going to be at the yard sale--all day long. If I had known she was going to be there, I would have started the monkey last night instead of this morning. Thankfully, Mom and Dad were there, too, but I still only had the head, body, and one arm done by the end of the yard sale.

Elsa was good except for at the end when she got a bit fussy. But she played with her toys and had a lot of fun with us, I'm sure.

However, it only took me an hour to finish. I'm going to make a trip to Mom and Dad's to drop it off tomorrow morning. I wish I had gotten it done before Mom had left Georgetown, but I just can't crochet that fast. :)

Taking pictures of a brown monkey with a white face when it's dark outside isn't really all that easy, but I took a couple of pictures anyway, so you can see how he looks:


Honestly, he looks better in person.


And he does have a tail; you just can't see it in the picture.
Hopefully my cousin will like him!


He's about 14" tall. All acrylic yarn, except for the white, which is fleece yarn, so polyester. The white is so annoying to work with. It's beautifully soft, but really hard to find the stitches when you're working with it. I would hate to make anything large with it!

There are mistakes; his right arm and leg are bigger than the left arm and leg. But I really like the way his head (and ears) turned out.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
He's adorable! I love his fluffy face. That little guy is going to be loved to pieces...
Jennifer said…
Thanks! I hope my cousin likes him too. :)

Popular Posts