Picked in the garden tonight--I can now prove that if a single person plants one bean seed (of a good variety, of course), they can end up with a meal every other day. Seriously!

The volunteer bean plant that grew where the trellis was last year is a Kentucky Wonder, I think, and boy, for one plant it is bursting with beans. I might even do this next year with various beans. The other volunteer plant is a True Red Cranberry, which I already have, but it is loaded too. Definitely more trellises next year.

My baking table is again full of tomatoes, but not quite as many as last time. (Which is ok, really; I don't plant to juice them again until Saturday, and that's when I'll pick again too.)

And I doubled my sourdough starter in preparation for my two loaves a week attempt; I'm planning to bake two loaves a week instead of one, and then when I run out mid-week, I can take the second loaf from the freezer and be good to go. On the odd weeks that I don't run out, I can leave the second loaf in the freezer for later; that way, if I really can't bake bread one weekend, I will still be ok for homemade bread.

Otherwise, I picked one large cucumber and a handful of okra. This weekend, I intend to pick most of the rest of the cucumbers (which are finally dying (!!!!) and most of the rest of the winter squash. The winter squash still in the garden are fairly small, but still edible, of course.

I'll post my list of things to do this weekend later on; I'm still working on it. It's rather long, though.

Oh, and the rewrite of The Sixth Stone is over 4k now! Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts