Winter boot success!

The second order of tall winter boots consisted of these two:

Columbia Footwear Camden Winter Boots and Columbia Footwear Lavela II Winter Boots.

Ignore those prices; I paid $40.77 for the Camdens and $50.97 (ok, 97 cents over my price limit) for the Lavelas. The Camdens looked really nice, but they were, alas, too tight. The Lavelas fit perfectly, even over my calves. And they were quick and easy to get in and out of, too! They look like suede workboots. Not too bad at all. I do wish they had my size in the green, but I bought brown instead. Obviously, the Camdens are taller, but they were about one inch too small to fit my calves. Which really, was only a small improvement over the Keens I tried the first time.

So now I have a pair of 8" tall winter boots. I have another pair coming (different brand and style) that are tall, so if those fit, I should be good to go for winter boots for the near future. The last pair is 14" high, so we shall see. Here they are. Again, ignore that price; they cost me $37.46. (I'm hoping because of the drawstring thingy that they will fit. We'll see.)

If those don't fit, then I quit. I'm not going to keep buying and returning boots. But I did return the two pair that didn't fit originally (thanks to our UPS guy at work) and I will be returning the Camdens, too.

Comments

Popular Posts