Cat Update:

Zoey deigned to join us this morning when I fed Chloe and Pooh their spoonful of canned cat food for a breakfast snack. Last night, she actually came downstairs and meowed (in a nice way) at Pooh, although when he took her meow for an invitation and got too close, she hissed and backed away. Still no real fights, though, which is good.

I’m envisioning Saturday in my mind:

Mabel: Cats! Hi, cats! Fuzzy cats! Wanna play?!
Chloe: What the hell? What is that thing? I’m not so sure I like it.
Pooh: Oh, look, a dog.
Zoey: This is the LAST STRAW! I’m never speaking to you again!
Hildy: If they’d just shut up, I’d be able to GET SOME SLEEP!

Me: I was thinking about getting another cat?

Zoey: Absolutely NOT!
Mabel: Sure! Can I play with it?
Pooh: Whatever.
Chloe: Can I play with it?
Hildy: Oh, God.

Perhaps I’ll wait for a bit. Although my first inclination is to just go ahead and get another cat, that way everyone can get used to each other at once. But we’ll see.

House update:

Dad and I moved the kitchen table and chairs into the house last night, between raindrops. The current thought is that the kitchen table the PO left will end up being Ethan’s craft table, because if he destroys it, no one cares. The problem is that I’m trying to figure out where to put it and coming up empty because it’s an ugly table. So we’ll see. I might end up freecycling it and letting Ethan use something else for his craft table.

Other than that, I didn’t get much done last night. I have a load of stuff to go to Goodwill (I’m getting rid of the mosquito netting, for one, because with cats in the house it would become mosquito shreds if I hung it up (and it needs to be cleaned anyway, so this way I don’t have to wash it) and I have a bag full of clothes and some odds and ends I no longer want. That will have to go to Goodwill before Saturday.

Tonight I’m going to do two more loads of dishes, probably load the Goodwill stuff in my car if it’s not raining, and sweep up the dirt where Chloe knocked over a plant the other day. (She got swatted for it, too. So far, she hasn’t knocked it over again.)

I woke up at 4:20am this morning, ten minutes before my alarm went off. That’s the second day in a row this has happened, only yesterday morning it was 4:10am.

Comments

Popular Posts