Things I have noticed:

1. It is better to have two cats than one cat, especially if they are younger cats and like to wrestle.
2. Cats can tell time.
3. Cats can fit into really small spaces even if they weigh over 11 pounds.
4. It is possible to train a cat. Difficult, but possible.
5. If it looks like a toy, it will become a toy.
6. Cats don't like loud noises (see #4)
7. Some cats really do like water (Chloe)
8. Purring works just as well as a clock ticking to put me to sleep, and a cat is warmer.
9. Two cats and one human don't fit very well in a twin sized bed, especially if one of the cats weighs over 11 pounds.
10. Cats sleep in the weirdest places.
11. Cats have to smell everything new that is brought into the house, just in case. (of what?)
12. Cats are very smart, but they can't unlock doors.
13. Radiators make good sleeping places.
14. Chloe likes to eat ladybugs. And flies. She is my all-natural pest removal system. (Needless to say, this will figure into the next Karen Montgomery story.)
15. It is possible for a cat to give a human a look that basically says, "You're just as nuts as I am."

This is, after all, the first time I've actually had indoor cats. Growing up, they were all outside cats, and then we let certain cats be indoor/outdoor cats for a while. Chloe is actually my first wholly indoor cat.

And it's nice. All I have to do is walk in the door, say "I'm home!" and they come running. To be fed, sure, but played with, and talked to, and loved. And yelled at, of course, when they do something wrong, but that's normal. :)

I am leaning towards giving some of my time to volunteering at a local shelter, because there are many more unwanted animals than unwanted humans out there. And I like the idea of helping out in some small way to make an animal's life a little better.

Comments

Popular Posts