I did get the walls finished, after deciding that I really didn't want my office to be a horrendous mess all week long. (It's still a horrendous mess, but I'm working on it.)

I rearranged a bit more, and brought the blue-painted bookcase (the one that was on my oak desk) into the hallway. It fits in that spot like it was made to fit there. I am both shocked and pleased at that.

On top is the skinny pine bookcase, and the only casualty is the space beside the skinny bookcase, which doesn't fit the bookcase that was there before. I guess all I can say is that I'll look for something suitable at Burlington (the first one's in April, after all, so it's a possibility) or make one of my own. After all, it's not a huge space.

And since the hallway will be mostly blue, having the blue bookcase there just works a lot better than having it in my pink wallpapered office. I realize that the office isn't going to be pink forever, but the color combination had always bugged me a bit.

Now, the bookcase (stained wood) that was out in the hallway will be on the desk. So that will look better, I think.

I'm not getting very far on HD tonight/today. Current wordcount is 46, 298 and it's already 9pm. So I probably should shelve some more books and call it a night. Ah well. I didn't do too badly over the weekend, for the most part.

Comments

Popular Posts