This morning I woke up around 5am and had to go to the bathroom. After that, I went back to sleep--or tried to, since it started to storm right after I laid back down.

I wasn't feeling well either, so in my half-asleep state, I had a series of rather odd dreams.

First, I dreamt that my bedroom was in the dining room--but on the second floor. (The fireplace was in my bedroom, if that helps any.) I had been hearing water splashing for a while, and when I got up to investigate and swung my legs over the bed, my feet splashed into about three inches of water.

The room I was standing in swung between my bedroom with the fireplace and the actual dining room with the fireplace throughout the dream.

I stood up and started walking through my house, trying to figure out how the house could be flooding, since it's up on a little hill and the only real 'creek' nearby isn't what I would consider to be a creek.

And then, while walking, I realized that the water wasn't seeping through my slippers, so I decided that I had to be dreaming. Of course, right after I thought that, the water started to seep through my slippers. But it was warm, almost room temperature.

Second, I dreamt that I got up during this storm to look outside and check to make sure the doors hadn't blown off the shed. And I discovered that my car wasn't in its proper place. Bekah's car was there, but mine was not. I looked a little further up the driveway and saw my car tangled up with a purple truck that had one spare tire on it (just a detail that stuck out.) Again, I told myself that this had to be a dream too, since my car would have had to go backwards for this scenerio to happen, and if the truck had, indeed, come flying down my driveway, it would have pushed my car into the shed, not away from it.

Third, I dreamt that Miss Misty jumped up on my side while I was sleeping (or trying to, during the storm) and that she sprayed in my face. And some of it got into my ear. But when I touched it to make sure it was really cat spray, it didn't smell like anything but water. Which didn't make sense to me, but I kept my eyes closed anyway. And I could feel it running down the back of my neck (eww!)

So in my haste to get up and rinse myself off, I kept trying to open my eyes, but I couldn't seem to keep them open. (If I'm asleep and dreaming that I'm asleep and I try to open my eyes, it invariably wakes me up because I really try to open my eyes. The same thing happened here.)

Fourth, I dreampt that some guy had broken into the house--which was flooded again--the storm was still in full force--and that he intended to steal Mabel as well as my wallet, etc. But I decided that since the house was flooded, this had to be a dream too, and I tied him up and went back to bed. :) So he was sitting in a chair that does not exist in my room in this world, all tied up and complaining as I fell back asleep.

Luckily, when I really did wake up, I was able to open my eyes and ascertain that I was really awake without any trouble at all. Even though it was still raining.

(I'm not usually able to convince myself that I'm dreaming, by the way. This is new. And also, I've started dreaming as being in my house, which is good, because that means my subconsious is finally relating to the house as home.)

I have been having really vivid dreams lately.

That reminds me, I have to write the one down for Eric. (Written down and email sent!)

Comments

Jennifer said…
I've always been fascinated by dreams.

*perks ears* novel? :)

Popular Posts