If I had to make a guess, I'd have to say that I've probably taken over 15,000 photos with my Mavica since I got in in 2000. I have boxes of disks that need to be gone through, cataloged, and burned onto CDs. Which I will get to eventually. Really. I will. Honest!

And it's still kicking. Quite well, I might add. In fact, it's exceeded my expectations. It was a well-spent $1000 (which was high-end in 2000.)

I'm not sure I could get another one nowadays that would last as long with no problems or issues. I mean, the poor thing was six years old in February!

I'm getting a late start on writing tonight. I had dinner at Mom and Dad's, and then came home, checked my email and such, and then started cleaning off my desk and my sewing table.

This is how my desk looks at the moment. I really like this setup better, and it just looks more... I hate to say matching, but that might just be it.

Hmm. The lamp fixture is a bit dusty, isn't it? (There's a short in the one side; it goes on when it wants to.)

To reiterate, here's how it looked before:

















I lost a shelf but gained a bookcase on top. And I'm planning to put another wooden stick bookcase beside the one that's there--I have one down in the entry room that is being used for drying the remainder of my birds' nest gourds. Once I figure out a place to stick the gourds, that bookcase will be free. (They will probably end up in the dining room, like as not.)

So anyway, I'm very pleased with this current setup. And I think it will stay this way for a while/forever (or however long forever can be around here. :)

Comments

Popular Posts