Thanks for all the well-wishes. I hope you get better, Grey!

I've had improvement all ready; I was able to pop both my ears by late this afternoon (by holding my nose shut--that way) so I was really happy. And my bad ear popped almost all the way. I can actually hear out of it now, which is a wonderful thing!

I now have the utmost of respect for deaf and hard of hearing people.

And my bad ear actually feels less... swollen now, too. It wasn't really swollen, it just felt like it was, if that makes sense. For example, I'd put the phone up to that ear and it would feel really weird and almost like it was numb. It doesn't feel nearly as bad anymore. So this seems to be working.

I did get Bekah to call her doctor and try to get in, but they didn't have any appointments left today, and they wouldn't let her make one for tomorrow. And the girl she talked to didn't seem to know if they had Saturday hours. Weird!

So after talking to her, I called them and explained what was going on, and the lady I talked to said she could leave a note for the doctor and he could maybe fit her in. Later, they called my sister back and told her that she should gargle and put a humidifier by her bed and continue to take decongestants. (They didn't see her. What the heck were they thinking?!?!?)

So she went to urgent care, where the doctor there proclaimed that she did have an ear infection, and he gave her samples of medicine so she didn't have to pay for a prescription.

(If I were her, I'd be changing doctors after that fiasco.)

I mean, think about it. If a child has an ear infection, what do they do? Put the child on medicine. Why not adults? I mean, I could hardly hear! And Bekah was no better. In fact, she might have been worse. It was hard to tell, considering neither of us could hear each other. ;)

Soanyway, so far so good.

Comments

Popular Posts