I saw a picture of one of these simple pins on a website a week or so ago, and decided that I had to try one.

This is made from a scrap of red cashmere, so it's cashmere that can be worn in the summertime! :)

I think they look like pansies. (I think that's the flower I'm thinking of.)

This is the second one I've made. The first one is pink fleece. It gives me a good way to use up all the tiny little buttons that I have, as well, since they're only an inch across.

So:

Simple, cute, and very easy to make. I like that! I wonder if they'll sell? They are cute enough, don't you think?

I'm going to experiment with some prints here in a minute--I have a lot of scraps of vintage prints that might look nice as a flower.

(They only take about 10 minutes to make.)



EDIT: Okay, so I did a print one, and it didn't turn out too badly! I had to cut it a little larger than the others, since the fabric doesn't stretch. But it ends up the same size.

I kind of like this one. I might even wear it, and I don't wear pins. :)

(I think the trick is the middle--the bigger the better. And these are tiny buttons I'm working with, so they still look nice.)

Comments

Popular Posts