I had to check--I bought the replacement mug after Cleo knocked my favorite mug off the countertop and broke it in September of 2006. That means my replacement only lasted a bit less than a year and a half; that's not very good, really, considering that I bought my favorite mug before I got married; probably in 1996-97. So let's just say my favorite mug lasted 10 years before its untimely death.

I have high hopes that my new mug will last even longer, barring any accidents. I have, however, purchased a spare as well--if I win the auction--from one of my favorite potters on ebay. And I am going to buy one more spare from a potter on etsy who can make one big enough for me. Maybe if I switch use of all three of them, I can make these three last until I die, which will be hopefully from old age. :)

I have already told Bekah that when she moves out she can take the set of mugs she likes to use with her, because that will eliminate four more mugs from the mug cabinet and give me more room. Ethan has a mug too, so I'm going to pre-emptively count those as what I got rid of to add three more.

Comments

Popular Posts