I did stay home, and took it easy until it was time for the doctor's appointment.

This was my first time there, and I was duly impressed. A very nice doctor. I will go back. She didn't even get on me for not going to the doctor's for a few years. Well, not really.

She felt the pulled muscle in my back, and proclaimed that it was definitely tense and sore (no, really?) She said I should do exercises--the yoga I've been doing is a good thing--and gave me some back exercises to do as well.

She said an interesting thing: that scoliosis doesn't go away. See, I had it when I was young, but it never progressed very far and no one ever said I should be concerned. Well, she said that it might take longer for my back to heal because of the scoliosis, and that it could get worse if I have children. (Hmm. I wish someone had told me this!!)

I'm serious, though; no one ever said a word to me. Not one word. The only thing I remember is going to the doctor's a few times and at one point they were talking about me having to wear a brace. (I don't think I ever had to; that part of my childhood's a bit hazy and I wasn't really interested anyway. I mean, after all, I was blind for a year or so before they realized I needed glasses. (I thought everyone saw blurs at a distance.)

So... she gave me two prescriptions, one for a muscle relaxant to take when I go to bed (and I will have to make sure I take it early enough so I don't zonk out the next morning) and one for Naproxyn, which is evidently a pain medication. Which I'm supposed to take twice a day with a meal. (Now that doesn't make sense to me. Do I take it at breakfast and lunch? Breakfast and dinner? What about the muscle relaxant at bedtime? What if I eat dinner at eight o'clock? How long does it last?)

I probably won't take it unless I really need to anyway.

At the moment, I haven't taken anything yet today for pain. And I tend to be more careful if things hurt anyway. If they stop hurting, I might not remember to be careful.

And then, after that, I came home, chopped up an onion to put with the roast, and threw in some carrots. And then I went to our local CVS to fill my prescriptions. (My very second time ever!) They told me it would be 15 minutes, so I decided I could wait and do some shopping while I was there.

15 minutes passed. 30 minutes passed. I asked them if they were done with mine yet (they said they would announce it, but it was hard to hear the announcment over the music that didn't stop playing) and they said no, not yet.

A bit peeved, because I live five minutes away and would have gone home and come back, I went back to read the book I'd picked up off the rack.

Another 30 minutes passed. I went back up to the counter. This time I complained that I had been waiting for an hour and that they had told me fifteen minutes.

They were still not done. ARGH! So I sat down and steamed for a little while (and told my sister when she showed up what had happened, she sympathized.) And then one of the pharmacists came out and apologized and offered me a $20 CVS gift card for having to wait so long.

I did say thank you. Gee, I'm getting free stuff all over the place!

But still, if they had told me it would take an hour, I would have gone home, finished going through my new yarn (Smiley's did it again!! The yarn came today!) and ventured back up to CVS later.

Although I did read part of a Mira book by... Laurie Benton? I think? And part of Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs.

Luckily, I don't have many prescriptions. Thank goodness!

Comments

Popular Posts