Well, I definitely won't be going to  Boston. Did a quick run-up of the actual cost this morning and decided that I'd rather have almost $1000 in my bank account vs. spending it on a con. Even with someone sharing a room, the cost would be almost $700.
 
That's with a $258 round trip flight. (The lowest price on Expedia.com)I didn't think the flight cost was so bad, but the cost of the convention fees and the hotel accomodations plus food and spending money just ate up everything.
 
So that's okay, really, because to find my signed copy of Good Omens (It's signed by Neil Gaiman and I wanted Terry Pratchett to sign it) I would have to take half of Storage apart, because the books are halfway in the back anyway.
 
So no WorldCon for me this year. However, if Columbus gets it in 2007, I will be there, because geez... two hours away?! Of course I'd go then.
 
 

Comments

Unknown said…
Sorry you won't make it to the con. We'll be hitting Comic Con next week. However, we bought the tickets and made the reservations last year. Fortunately the drive's only two hours away for us. It would be crazy for us not to go at that distance!

(By the by, GenCon is hosted over at the Anaheim Convention Center which is, like, ten-minutes away. You bet I go to that one!)

Popular Posts