I didn't get anything written, edited, or read last night, but then again, I didn't get back from the Writers Group meeting until after 10pm. So. I've been reading SCR at lunch, and I still have the edits for CtS to do and deliver. Still on target.
 
I see Blogger changed things again. Hmm. This is looking more and more like a Word window that I'm writing in. It's even in Times New Roman here! (It's usually Arial on the type-in window.)
 
I don't remember posting about my sewing adventures of a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I'd better update since I'm wearing the pants today.
 
Capris have grown on me a bit this year. I'm not sure why; I always thought my legs looked fat when I wore them, so I never bought any. Well, last year I finally got up enough courage to try a pair on, and I decided I like the look of them. So at the beginning of this year I had one pair that I wear for old. (They're a bit too big and I don't have a belt.)
 
Now, I'm petite, so they're a bit longer on me than they would be on normal people, but they're still cooler than jeans on Fridays. However, I've been having a hard time finding any at Goodwill. I'm not sure if it's the season or what, but there aren't many on the racks. And I'm too cheap to buy them new.
 
I found a pair at the rummage sale a couple of months ago, but they're really on their last legs and I've repaired holes in them twice. (I'm talking about thin denim fabric here; very soft and comfy, but the poor things are just going to end up having a hole where I can't repair if you get my drift.)
 
So, right before we left for Florida, I decided to attempt to make my own by buying a couple of pair of $1.50 jeans, cutting them down, and hemming them with my trusty sewing machine. So I bought two pairs of jeans: a pair of Levi's carpenter jeans (men's) and another pair in women's. (I was trying for straighter legged jeans if that makes sense.)
 
Well, the only drawback was the seams--my sewing machine wouldn't sew across what ended up being five layers of denim. Not that I blamed it, really. So I hand-sewed the seams on the carpenter pants and machine sewed the rest. You can tell if you look really closely, but who's going to look really closely at the seams of my pants?
 
Anyway, the experiment worked, because I've worn the carpenter capris twice now and they're very comfy. I might have to buy more men's jeans when I need more jeans, because I really like the fit. Except for the fact that a 34 waist in Levi's carpenter jeans is too big and it seems now I need a belt, that is.
 
Anyway. I'm sure you all cared about that. :)

Comments

Popular Posts