Today is cleaning out my closets day, so I can fit in the stuff I brought back from Florida.

This is a quasi-major undertaking, only because some of what I have is costume-related, and the 'if I haven't worn it in a year (or at all) it goes to Goodwill' rule can't possible apply to everything.

However, I did manage to part with seven or eight skirts, leaving me with... well... I'm almost embarrassed to say that I could probably wear one skirt every day for a month (to work, that is) and not have to do laundry. Still.

Part of this is because I have two definite distinct styles--flouncy and straight--in skirts. And wild horses couldn't get me to give up my Pier 1 patchwork tie-dye skirt whose elastic has been shot for a couple of years now and that I only wear maybe once every other year, depending.

What is the point of this post? Well... to say that I've discovered that it's much easier to pair up skirts with shirts if the skirts are solid, normal colors, like black or denim. I have a lot of those. The ones I don't wear often are the ones that don't have a shirt (other than a black shirt, I do get tired of that after a while) to go with them. However, there are some I still will not give up because I just love them to pieces.

Anyway. Back to work.

Comments

Popular Posts