For some reason this morning, I was in a foul mood on the way to work. I'm not really sure why. I think part of the reason was that I had been thinking about Heart's Desire, and trying to figure out just what didn't feel quite right with the finished book. The major part of my problem is with the transitions between the different sections; they are way to jarring as it stands right now.

So while I was working (honest!) I had this idea, and then another one, and then another one, until I am pretty sure I've figured out how to fix the majority of that problem. It will mean changing some things around a bit, but nothing really major, and I'm working on that now, just to get it finished.

Hey Grey and Vicki, would you both be willing to read it again when I'm done? (And anyone else too, for that matter... let me know.)

I am writing The Seventh Secret, too; I haven't forgotten about that. And actually, I got a decent amount done last weekend. This weekend, though, will be revising and cleaning, especially if I win the yarn auctions.

(I am justifying this as cost-saving, since it's way cheaper than buying it new, and also it will allow me to experiment a bit without having to spend a bunch of money on supplies. So there. (If I win the auctions*, of course.)

So anyway, I need to bid on them and then go write for a bit; I'm expanding the very beginning of HD at the moment.


*Edit: Ah, phooey. Here's my issue: The yarn auctions end while I'm at work tomorrow, and I can't access ebay at work. So I tried to bid on the 100 lbs. of cone yarn that I really want, and bit it up to $66, but I have a feeling the high bidder's highest bid is $100 or so; making it $1/lb., which is still dirt cheap. But I don't want to bid really high and then lose all the other auctions but one or something, and have to drive to Atlanta for one auction. ARGH. (The seller did say she has about 2000 lbs. of yarn to get rid of, but even then. I am leaning towards letting it go, unfortunately. I'm thinking twice. It's not that I don't need additional yarn, it's that I don't want to drive to Atlanta for only one auction. And since I can't watch the auctions at work, I'm kind of stuck.)

Comments

Popular Posts