Well, the visitation for my uncle was last night and the funeral today. It went well, as those things can, I guess, and my aunt and uncle's church had a luncheon after the funeral, which was extra nice of them. (It was a Baptist church.) So I will continue to keep my aunt in my thoughts and prayers, because it has to be very difficult to lose someone you've been married to for 38 years.

It was nice to see my Aunt Clare and Uncle Bobby from Maryland, though; they came down/across and stayed at Mom and Dad's last night. They were intending to get in on Sunday, but they ran into snow, and they left today to avoid even more snow.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. After a late night last night (I got home around 10pm) and all day today, I kind of wish I'd taken an extra day. But that's okay, really.

My books came from Amazon today and so did the cat food. The cat food actually smells decent. Like actual food, in fact, not just whatever-it-is that Purina smells like. I haven't cracked open the bread book yet, but I did look through the quilt block book. There are quite a few cool quilt patterns in the book--there are 101 total, after all, and none of them are actually ugly--but my idea is to make quilt block bags first. (I'm thinking tote bags to start with.) That will give me plenty of practice, and then I can progress to throws as I go along, and maybe even a bed-sized quilt. We'll see about that, though.

There are some really cool patterns, though. And I have a feeling this book will be a keeper, reference-wise.

The bread book I've seen before, so I know it's a good one. But I'm glad I have it now to add to my collection.

Comments

Popular Posts