So after cleaning up the kitchen and rearranging some cabinets, I decided to bake. This was around 2:30pm, so I knew I had plenty of time. I put some bread ingredients into the bread machine for dough, and let it go. And then, I wondered just what we would be eating for supper.

Around 4pm I decided on pizza, which meant I had to really book it to make pizza dough by suppertime. We ended up eating by 7pm, which wasn't bad, and I also made garlic and rosemary flatbread and breadsticks in addition to the pizza. (All three were made from the same recipe.)

The crust is almost right. I like a really chewy crust, which is hard to achieve in a home oven, but this one was definitely close, and it was flavorful. I really like this recipe. (It was basil and rosemary pizza with mozarella cheese on top. Yum.)

The bread loaf itself hasn't been cut into yet; I'll wait until tomorrow for that, I think. And I'll be making a big pot of chili for lunches next week tomorrow as well; I had intended to have Mom and Dad over for supper, since we didn't get to do that last week, but my Uncle Bobby and Aunt Clara are coming down for the funeral and they're staying with Mom and Dad, so we'll be doing something with them, weather permitting. It's supposed to snow, but right now it doesn't sound that bad.

Comments

Popular Posts